Skip to main content

It’s a Gray World Out There, Don’t Forget Your Banter

Today I chose to remove my mask. No, not that one. I’m ready to toss my carefully crafted metaphorical mask. You know, that one we all like to hide behind with clever names and cultivated personalities? Yeah, I’m done with that one.

Maybe it’s because I’m a mid-thirty-year-old late-thirty-year-old *cries* and am resigned to no longer give a crépe about convincing others that I’m cool. Or maybe it is not that at all and I’m being seduced by the “authentic and vulnerable band wagon” ala Brené Brown. In either highly probable case, I now announce that my mask shall be shuncked and sent aloft like a pointlessly expensive college cap.

So. Here we are. Maskless me and a brand new blog.

What to do... what to do...How about some more honesty? Why the hell not, we’ve come this far, might as well keep going.

I have absolutely no idea what will cobble itself together within this here blog. No inkling on whether any of it will be “World Wide Web worthy,” and honestly even the general theme of what I end up writing on this thing is something we will just have to discover together.

Because, if I’m being 1000%, I don’t fahking know what is going to make this blog any different than the half a dozen other blogs, tumblrs, websites and such that I’ve started over the last 15 years and eventually forgot about, gave up on, or grew out of.

A (seventh) clean slate is worth a shot, right? My neurodivergent-iest of parts is at the wheel of my brain today, and they say yes, so let’s fake some confidence and run with it.

In light of that last bit, one might assume that this will be about writing as a person with ADHD. But this could just as easily be about momming two neurodivergent wee ones with an equally neurodiverse hubby. Or maybe a solemn blog about living as a 2E cis-woman with cPTSD and MDD. You just never know with a brain like mine. 

But you can count on nerdery. There 100% will be vague references to a plethora of nerdery. And we can safely assume that I will swerve off the road to chase some shiny squirrels 99% of the posts.

There will be words of course. Lots of them. Some of them creating half-finished thoughts and others forming the grammatical abominations of an editor’s worst nightmare.

One thing this will include that hasn’t been present in my previous webscapades, is lots and lots of “gray area” commentary. Because as well all know, every successful media endeavor starts by defining oneself in vague un-tag-able generalities that no search engine algorithm would ever in their robot mind consider whipping up to top page results.

Oh, and there will mayhaps be a smidge of sarcasm.

Wow. Look at me ramble about nothing. It’s almost like I’ve done this blogger schtick before! I’m already butchering grammatical standards and letting my brain wander aimlessly through my flippant stream of consciousness.

I’m like soooo going to be monetized by the end of the week ya'll. Better go freshen up my manuscript for all the agents that’ll be a-pounding’ upon my door tomorrow.

Before I go though, I should probably let you know just one last tiny little thing.

Hi, you may call me Gray Girl, and I am a fan of self-deprecating sarcasm and heartfelt deep dives into the subconscious. Follow me?





Comments